Most common items left behind during a move
Relocations can be very stressful, whether it might be a local move or interstate they’re many tasks that need to be completed. Below is a list of the most common items that are left behind while relocating to help ensure your move goes as smoothly as possible.
1. One of the most frequently left behind items are cutlery and dishes in the dishwasher. This is because at times whether it’s a rental property or being left behind, it can be easily overlooked that contents are inside. It’s best to avoid using your dishwasher immediately before moving or leave a reminder for yourself to empty contents before you leave.
2. Money is often left behind while relocating. This might be surprising to many as this is clearly important to remember before vacating. However it’s very common for individuals to hide money inside their home and forget where they placed it. When hiding money people seek places that are overlooked by visitors who come inside their property. As time goes by it increases the likelihood that you forget altogether if or where money was placed.
3. Chargers and other electrical devices are common to be left behind during a relocation. Often electrical outlets are located behind placed furniture and are in place for a long duration of time. In today’s age electronics are essential to many individuals daily life. Not being able to charge these devices after moving a long distance because they were forgotten, can be costly in terms of time and money.
4. When homes have built in storage, they can be in difficult to access locations such as an attic or crawlspace. When these spaces are used to store certain belongings that aren’t frequently needed and it comes time to move the belongings inside can easily be forgotten. It’s best to remove these items well beforehand in the moving process to avoid leaving items behind, or to make a reminder that there is indeed items to be taken from such location.
5. Children’s toys can be difficult to remember that’s because children can often place items and toys in locations that can be unknown to the parents. Its important to check each piece of furniture before moving day for forgotten toy’s. This is often overlooked but children pose a different challenge than regular relocations would.
It’s important to begin preparing for your relocation well before it occurs. By using these tips, you’re able make your move more efficient and less stressful in the process. Depending on the scale of your move and contents that you will be taking along to the new destination.