Change Of Address Checklist
There are quite a lot of things to organise before you move house, including making sure you organise a change of address with all of the necessary organisations. While some opt to utilise the Australian Post’s redirection service, this requires payment and is only a short term solution of up to 3 months.
Fragile Removals has compiled a change of address checklist to assist you in getting organised, though keep in mind that there are some variations between different states and territories of Australia.
- Post Office
- Water Provider
- Electricity/Gas Provider
- Driver Licence or ID Card
- Bank & Credit Card Provider
- State Vehicle Registration
- Toll Tags
- Insurance – i.e. Home, Contents, Car, Health, Ambulance, Income, Life, etc.
- Australian Taxation Office
- Australian Electoral Commission
- Educational Institutes – i.e. School, TAFE, and University
- Internet Provider
- Mobile & Home Phone Providers
You May Also Need Notify:
- Pet Registration
- Medical Institutes – i.e. Doctor, Dentist, Optometrist, Veterinary etc.
- Loyalty Programs
- Mail Subscriptions – i.e. Newspapers, Magazines, etc.
- And, of course, family and friends!